Friday, April 10, 2009

Prunings Of A Morning Walker

Warning:Do Not Proceed If you Cannot Withstand The English Thing called GOSSIP!

Well.. Ages again! I don’t think ever do it without a nudge. Why do I always need someone prying to get the work done; Why!! Thick skinned yeah... That’s me!

So, unable to withstand the prying, I finally decided to risk the morning walk. And as you know… Empty Mind Is Devils Workshop.
Every time I drag my foot for the next step; I retort, being skinny would have been of so much help. I would gorge all the possible goodies to keep my soul from drifting. Few things are just so hard in life. Ok... I wasn’t writing this for u to know; about my cravings, that will be covered sometime later. So, getting back to Devil’s Workshop.

As I venture into the world of morning walkers; and I say they are in plenty like me... no I don’t mean the “demean” way… I say; with the same kind of palette; the people who know appreciate food; the foodies; just skipped days to exercise... hey BUT we are doing it. That makes us better from all the goonies toiling in bed, lazily thinking about a walk.

Ok... So I was talking at the world of morning walkers, “yanked-out-of-the-bed” looks, “slimmer-than-me” looks, “I-can-do-better” looks, people trying hard to open their eyes. Oh I pity my fellow walkers, but we are on a mission and we are ought to complete it. Hail US! See the positive attitude…It flows in plenty! So that’s the positive picture of it.

The Reality:
Can’t the 5:00 happen to be a 00:10 min snooze...I am not asking for the world to be happy... just snoozing for 10 mins shudn’t make much of a difference... But No, jerked out of bed, hoping for a better toothbrush…I lazily put on my sneakers. Shilpa.. U can do it... For a Healthier Slimmer SHILPA… Dreaming for ages…

So out of the house, a bit of a warm up and there I am. Aunty isn’t out for sweeping yet; this is quite a stealthy slip. Out on the road, the morning breeze, the parrot like chirping – can’t be a parrot though, but good enough to make you smile. Ya, I can smile after the 15 min torture... That’s an achievement!

Ok now the gossip, as I venture out, my fellow joggers are even out early... I am confident they are as pitied from their sleep... a sight. In pajamas, dragging their feet with bathroom slippers on, slow down I can hear the drag nearly half a Km down. So, the first is Mr. Drag. As I move to the third street, there emerges the “Nighty Princess”. Nighty coz shez in a nighty, might have been yanked from the cozy bed by her husband. Then there is the notorious gym, I can’t figure out if people do workout, or is it just a VELA PLACE for the early-risers.

As I move another half a km , I can spot Mrs. Frankenstein, I am sure by her pace she has been out early , atleast about an hour.. So here she is... with her pallu sweeping the roads, Nah... Its not the Chunni Style sweeping, but wound around and then sweeping... Such a help for the Janitors… This is a good time to inspect, the roads are pretty clean. Just so clean that u can’t stand the cleanliness, the dust, it’s all over you, but the roads ARE squeaky clean. Another milestone passed.

The people are pretty cute on this side of the road, All the trainees and the athletes, I must Say, Running w/o shoes, a cute guy running to ruin the paunch down, Wishing him all the luck deep in my heart, I swiftly move past. I wonder how they look when they r smiling. Probably pretty ye!

I keep looking for a friend of mine who promises to be there some day but never is. But kinda finds me some day or the other. Another advantage, you get to see the eateries, which you thought never existed and by this time; it’s the “comeback home” walk. Thanks to Dad he carries a water bottle, as I take a sip, I notice her... the Ms. “I can Do Better”, she makes me feel so small with the cruel stare… I am sure she must be a lab attender at some place, no offence.

Then I meet the dear Mrs. Frankenstein again. Oh someone tell her, she has to walk a bit, a biiit faster if she really wants to pull it off. And then there’s the Ms. Jhil Mil, I cant believe she can wear something like that for a walk, nah it must be the sodium lights giving that glam look.. but whatever,, there is Ms.Jhil Mil.

As I move, I catch a glimpse of the deities, yeah… a holy walk too... Jai Hanuman, Om Namah Shiva, Om Ganapate Namah, Jai Mahakaali. And then therez the horrible smell again… It will pass through; just hold your breath a min, a phase of life... and there you are on the greener side, just a 5 min walk to home, sweet home, I can see my bed; I miss it already.

As I am about to take the turn, I see the uncle with the stick, Oh man… what a height, Suhas! atleast 2 feet taller than you; but always panting...: D. Glad that I wasn’t spotted by none today.. I make a beeline straight to my room upstairs; optimistic to have lost atleast a pound. Hey that need not be true, but it is my blog.



2 comments:

Crescentia Kalpana David said...

aahh nice :) so looks like u r enjoying ur mornin walks

Hemanth Potluri said...

morning walks are always beautiful :)..

urs..hemu..